Saturday, September 29, 2012

Skull painting

Here's a skull painting from my painting sketchbook. It's in Ultramarine Blue Gouache. I find the painting smaller really tests my shape understanding. In class I'm really struggling with my edges where I tend to resort to a painterly quality when I get lazy or sidetracked. More painting mileage will help me a lot with that. I like listening to videos on the CTN channel on Vimeo.com for inspiration before, during and/or after painting. The talks really drive me to work harder to achieve my dream.

Hopefully more skull paintings will be posted soon as I've been doing a loooot of skull painting studies lately, and I honestly love it. Skulls are very interesting to me.



1 comment:

  1. Outstanding work! The way you captured the light is amazing!

    ReplyDelete