Sunday, March 16, 2014

More Grizzlies!

Here's some grizzly bears from the zoo that I've drawn for my animation class (114). Basically we had to pick one animal from the zoo to study for about 6 weeks and every week a bunch of drawings were due. Throughout that time my teacher would go over animal movements and structure with the class so we could all improve and feel less timid. The animal I picked was the GRIZZLY BEAR!

It's safe to say that when I first started drawing grizzlies, I was confused. I hadn't ever drawn them before and they don't ever stay still. Something I eventually did was go to the zoo and fill as many pages with quick gestures. Then I'd go home, analyze them and add structure/form. That's where the Joe Weatherly book was super handy. In class, I'd ask Jeff Jackson, my teacher, to draw over my drawings that weren't working and that really helped me. Overall, I had a great experience drawing and learning about the grizzlies and can't wait to go back.



No comments:

Post a Comment