Thursday, April 2, 2015

Cock A Doodle Doo!

This is an assignment was that I was given for my experimental animation class. I was given a pen and ink etching of a rooster and each of us had to interpret what we wanted the rooster to do... the use of medium, sound, story, design, etc. was entirely open for me to use. It's weird being that free... lol

Here's the rooster:



This was a particularly difficult project for me because my initial direction wasn't working. I just couldn't get into it and it showed... But I realized it was because I was doubting myself and my concept was just really boring!

So, I  with the help of Kevin and Nick I decided to scrap the original idea and do something different, in a medium I've never animated with. I was inspired by some of bill plymton's animation shorts as well as Wild E Coyote! However, by the time I decided to go a different direction there were only a couple days before the deadline and ended up working nonstop to get it done.

In the end I had fun with it and I'm proud of the final result.


But most importantly, I ended up learning that I need to work on allowing myself to step outside my comfort zone more often... And sometimes a lot of good comes from scrapping an idea that just isn't working.

No comments:

Post a Comment