Thursday, September 8, 2016

Movie Theater Take In Progress

Here's were I was last week:


Throughout this week, I've been addressing a variety of notes I've gotten on this shot to make it read clearer. It's deceptively hard trying to sell that my character is ACTUALLY falling asleep. I'm also struggling with my shot set-up relationship between the Left hand and her head.

After genuinely struggling, I'm finding myself going back to the drawing board, (something I learned from Jim's class - the importance to step away from Maya and draw out shot) 

Below is some process drawings where I'm trying to figure the progression of the shot from asleep to awake. I'm trying to elevate the entertainment and push the thought process.

Below I'm trying to understand logically how the head will move around the hand (thinking of the hand as just a box):

I also decided to reshoot reference - this version really starts to capture some elements I'm going for:



No comments:

Post a Comment